We all have found that getting a hand sanitizer is a hit or miss to find. Consider to make your own. If you do find some in a store, please refer the the FDA link below for their recall list so you are aware!
- 2 parts isopropyl alcohol or ethanol (min. 65% percent alcohol)
- 1 part aloe vera gel
- a few drops essential oil such as tea tree or lavender (see list below of antibacterial essential oils).
- Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space. Wipe down counter tops with a diluted bleach solution beforehand.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before making the hand sanitizer.
- To mix, use a clean spoon and whisk. Wash these items thoroughly before using them.
- Make sure the alcohol used for the hand sanitizer is not diluted.
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they’re well blended.
- Don’t touch the mixture with your hands until it’s ready for use.
- Tea Tree
FDA shares a list of hand sanitizers that are recalled.
Please view the list here: https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-hand-sanitizers-methanol